The Warren Leadership Program is a one-year program for junior and senior students in the NC State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences who have an interest in and potential for leadership and public service in agriculture. The program is designed to further develop the student in the areas of personal leadership, organizational leadership and public policy leadership.
The primary goals of the program are to deepen an understanding for the interconnectedness of agriculture and public policy, and to offer a safe space to indulge in contentious political discourse.
The program includes:
- A one-year agricultural leadership enrichment experience through seminars, workshops and field trips that will provide fellows with a comprehensive understanding of the food and agricultural system in North Carolina, the United States and the world.
- A paid summer public policy internship experience with public officials in the state including, but not limited to, the legislative and executive branches of state government.
- A three-day expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC to expose Fellows to the public policy issues and processes at the federal level.
- North Carolina Senate
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- North Carolina Farm Bureau
- North Carolina Pork Council
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
- Interfaith Food Shuttle
- The NCSU Agroecology Farm
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems